Leading financial economist and historian Professor Michael Hudson will be touring Australia October 12 – 27. Download the tour flyer
Professor Hudson was one of twelve economists recognised for predicting the GFC. He is a government advisor to many nations, and is fast gaining a reputation in policy circles as the go-to man in GFC hotspots. This has seen him visit Iceland and Latvia this year to assist policy developments. From Mexico to China to the depths of Wall St, Hudson is an insider to the latest global policy trends.
Prof Hudson was the Chief Economic Advisor to Dennis Kucinich in the recent US Presidential Campaign.
On Monday evening (Oct 12th) make sure you tune into Phillip Adams – Late Night Live on Radio National at 10pm.
Hudson will also be interviewed on SKY News TV (7pm Monday). Our own Renegade Economists radio show will have an in depth interview on the Wed Oct 14th show. A raft of other interviews are lined up.
Read his bio outlining his extensive history in economic policy circles and his prominent position in the global media marketplace. Few can sum up a media sound bite like he can. Hear him on the Renegade Economists discussing Latvia. Check many of his recent pieces here, here or here.
Numbers are building rapidly – RSVP now to assure your place to these free events.
- Wed Oct 14th – Lifting the Lid on the GFC, 6.30pm, Melbourne Town Hall, with Steve Keen and Bryan Kavanagh, RSVP
- Thurs Oct 15th – Economic Policy & Asset Bubbles: The Implications for a Sustainable Society, Melbourne Uni, Centre for Public Policy, 5.30pm, RSVP
- Fri Oct 16th – The Earth vs the Neoliberal Paradigm — the Baltic Experience, Prosper Australia, Frank Halkyard Library, 1/27 Hardware Lane, 7pm, RSVP
- Wednesday Oct 21st – Economics for a Future, CSIRO Discovery Centre, Canberra, 7.30pm, RSVP
- Friday Oct 23rd – Forever Blowing Bubbles: Asset bubbles, economic policy and sustainability, Sydney, Customs House, 6pm, BOOKED OUT
Professor Hudson will also be lecturing at the Federal Parliament’s Vital Issues seminar, presenting to government officials at the Victorian ALP Economics conference and meeting with the Reserve Bank.
Hudson is someone who makes economics imperative to our understanding of freedom. As a testament to his skill, the Polish union movement called a snap strike when he visited earlier this year, demanding all members visit their trades hall to study Hudson’s work so that GFC-like events do not occur again. We are lucky to have this high profile speaker on our shores.
Subscribe to the Renegade Economists podcast, broadcasting weekly interviews on economic issues with experts like Hudson.