Collection and Use of Personal Information
In order to use the PA website and PARI donation portal, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to campaigns, research, donations, sales, support and accounts, including Email. Any information collected by PA and PARI is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, Email, mail, events or directly through our website.
The personal information we collect and hold may include your name, contact details such as postal and email addresses, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number and expiry date. We may also collect information about your interests in our campaigns and research projects.
We will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information depending upon the circumstances for the following purposes:
- providing you with the information you request;
- processing donations, and product purchases;
- sending receipts;
- sending invitations to events;
- maintaining accurate details of our supporters’ history for us;
- keeping our supporters informed of our work;
- helping us develop cost-effective marketing and fundraising activities. As part of this, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from PA and PARI, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email or contact email@example.com and we will remove you from our email communications list ;
- developing and maintaining relationships with our employees, researchers and contractors;
- developing and maintaining relationships with our suppliers;
- conducting and/ or facilitation of our research;
- awarding scholarships; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
On occasion it may be necessary to share this information with our service providers in order to do these things.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information PA and PARI holds remains confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease the personal information we hold to anyone for any purpose other than where you have consented or where we are authorised by law to do so.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Collected Information
|f your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com.
Links on the PA and PARI site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.prosper.org.au.